- The official mascot of the FIFA U-17 World Cup India 2017, ‘Kheleo’ .
It was unveiled at the Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium, New Delhi.
- It is The clouded leopard, an endangered wild cat whose habitat extends from the Himalayan foothills to mainland Southeast Asia.
- Federation International de Football Association (FIFA), Headquarters: Zurich, Switzerland and President: Gianni Infantino (Italy) , Total Members: 204 and The Motto: For the game, For the world.
- Hindustan Motors sells iconic Ambassador Car brand to Peugeot.
- It is being sold to French carmaker Peugeot.
- The C K Birla Group-owned Hindustan Motors formalised the deal for Rs 80 crore.
- Production of Ambassador cars had stopped around three years ago.
- The Ambassador brand was introduced seven decades ago when Hindustan Motors launched the Morris Oxford series II (Landmaster) in a new avatar with minor changes.
- Government appoints IAS officer Ajay Tyagi as Sebi chief.
- Mr Tyagi will replace UK Sinha who will finish his term on March 1, 2017.
- Interceptor missile successfully test-fired.
- India successfully test-fired its interceptor missilefrom Abdul Kalam Island (Wheeler Island) of Integrated Test Range offs the Odisha coast.
- This is a significant milestone in the direction of developing a two-layered Ballistic Missile Defence system.
- It has been developed by DRDO
- This mission, termed as PDV mission, is for engaging the targets in the exo-atmosphere region at an altitude above 50 km of earth’s atmosphere.
- Rajasthan placed on 1st rank for giving employment under MNarega.
- At present 15 Lakh 52 thousand 932 people are given jobs by it.
- According to Rural development department, Tamilnadu ranks 2nd, Andrapradesh ranked 3rd and West Bangal ranked 4th for the employment generation by mnarega.
- In Rajasthan, Barmer has the highest number of Labour working in Manrega. Bhilwara ranks 2nd. For the year 2017-18, Total budget allocation to it is 48000, however last year it was 38500.
- CLICK Scheme will be started from next educational session in Rajasthan.
- CLICK-Computer Literacy Incentaive for Comprehensive Knowledge.
- This scheme will be applicable to the class 6th to 10th through SERT medium (Special Education Resource Teacher).